"The Author, it must be remembered, writes from his own standpoint!"
My personal "Interpretive" Lens!
Do You Have A Question?
If you have a question not covered in this blog feel free to send it to me at my email address, i.e. "snow" dot here "covered" dot here "bamboo" AT symbol here "gmail" dot here "com"
"Read not to contradict and confute; nor to believe and take for granted; nor to find talk and discourse; but to weigh and consider..." - Francis Bacon
Warning, Caveat and Note: The postings on this blog are my interpretation of readings, studies and experiences therefore errors and omissions are mine and mine alone. The content surrounding the extracts of books, see bibliography on this blog site, are also mine and mine alone therefore errors and omissions are also mine and mine alone and therefore why I highly recommended one read, study, research and fact find the material for clarity. My effort here is self-clarity toward a fuller understanding of the subject matter. See the bibliography for information on the books.
Note: I will endevor to provide a bibliography and italicize any direct quotes from the materials I use for this blog. If there are mistakes, errors, and/or omissions, I take full responsibility for them as they are mine and mine alone. If you find any mistakes, errors, and/or omissions please comment and let me know along with the correct information and/or sources.
- All things being equal, the person closest to the start of his kata will win in a kata contest.
- It is important to stay in your embusen in a dojo other wise you run into another practitioner.
- Embusen is the path or line of kata. Embusen on a highway is very important because if you don't follow the correct path or line of movement, or stay in your lane of traffic on a highway, guess what!
- All styles or sensei do not teach embusen but it does exist.
- To make it work, remember that all steps in kata are adjustable.
- In the videos I show how embusen and with the exception of naihanchi kata start and end in the same spot.
|Click for larger view and readability :-)|