"The Author, it must be remembered, writes from his own standpoint!"
My personal "Interpretive" Lens!

Do You Have A Question?

If you have a question not covered in this blog feel free to send it to me at my email address, i.e. "snow" dot here "covered" dot here "bamboo" AT symbol here "gmail" dot here "com"

"One thing has always been true: That book ... or ... that person who can give me an idea or a new slant on an old idea is my friend." - Louis L'Amour


"Ideally, your self-defense will never get physical. Avoiding the situation and running or talking you way out - either of these is a higher order of strategy than winning a physical battle." - Wise Words of Rory Miller, Facing Violence: Chapter 7: after, subparagraph 7.1:medical

"Read not to contradict and confute; nor to believe and take for granted; nor to find talk and discourse; but to weigh and consider..." - Francis Bacon

Warning, Caveat and Note: The postings on this blog are my interpretation of readings, studies and experiences therefore errors and omissions are mine and mine alone. The content surrounding the extracts of books, see bibliography on this blog site, are also mine and mine alone therefore errors and omissions are also mine and mine alone and therefore why I highly recommended one read, study, research and fact find the material for clarity. My effort here is self-clarity toward a fuller understanding of the subject matter. See the bibliography for information on the books.


Note: I will endevor to provide a bibliography and italicize any direct quotes from the materials I use for this blog. If there are mistakes, errors, and/or omissions, I take full responsibility for them as they are mine and mine alone. If you find any mistakes, errors, and/or omissions please comment and let me know along with the correct information and/or sources.

Reader's of this Blog

Search This Blog

How is it you publish so many posts so often?

Not a karate question. I tend to think of things from a perspective greatly influenced by two major parts of my life.

The Marine Corps and the system of Okinawan Fighting with specificity toward the Isshinryu system. When I work, read, play, etc. I will get inspiration from those efforts where an idea will come and I write.

I will quickly open my text editor on my computer and write out my thoughts usually in about three or maybe four paragraphs. Occasionally a much longer one as well.

My work is such that with the ebb and flow of the intensity I am able to get thoughts onto a text editor where I either complete the though or get it generally so it can be edited during the day(s) until I have something somewhat coherent to post.

It comes from practice where I can take a moment away from other matters such as work, etc. and write. I can get several posts a day that way.

I go up and down stairs at work every hour and practice in a some what secluded space at the bottom of the stairs and as I practice things occur to me where I might experiment a bit and then decide to post, etc. in combination. It gets me away from pressures of work and keeps me sane as well as healthy and up on my personal practice.

In the end I guess it is time management and what focus your mind centers on as to daily living. Your priorities also get involved. Mine are family, me (karate and philosophy, etc.), work, and all the rest as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment